Sunday, July 10, 2011

SINGLE REVIEW: dios (malos) - "I Want It All"

I hate bands with grammatically incorrect names. But at least I got to talk about postmodernism again...

How postmodern! It seems dios (malos) have written a song about writing songs. That’s the only conclusion that can be drawn from lyrics like "I’m only finding out what it’s all about". The Californians have discovered that where summery West Coast jangliness is concerned, it’s all about hazy lead guitar lines and lazily drawled vocals. They’ve yet to figure out, though, that it’s also about tunes that stay in your head for more than 10 seconds after you’ve heard them. ‘I Want It All’ would be perfect for system-up, top-down cruising on Sunset Strip. Unfortunately though, we can’t all be characters from The OC.

No comments:

Post a Comment